THIS IS IT : MURAL TIME
1Spot Gallery and Jaque Fragua, (along with some friends and artists) –
are working together to bring more indigenous voices to our visual environment in Phoenix.
We’ve started an Indiegogo campaign!
A fundraising experiment of sorts, to get YOU, our community involved in creating more NATIVE PUBLIC ART.
**Where does the money go?
– an on-going donation box for Native public art in Phoenix and beyond, (the immediate kick-off project will be a mural in downtown Phoenix, starting May 29th, 2013)
– supplies: $1000 to pay for paint supplies, rental equipment such as lifts, ladders, spray-guns,
– basic necessities for the artists such as water, snacks, fruit roll-ups, etc.
Any residual funding will go back into the donation box for future murals to be produced.
**As a supporter to this NATIVE PUBLIC ART project:
– Get ORIGINAL ARTWORK for your contribution on Indiegogo!
– you’re part of our team!
– receive updates about upcoming murals, special workshops and art projects,
paint parties, and community projects,
– get a beautiful mural you can look at anytime you want and know that you contributed to the improvement of this community’s health and growth.
**How do you donate? Go to Indiegogo!
Let’s raise at least $1000 by May 31st!
(Check out the fancy video!)
“Being a hub for Southwestern Native art and with a deep history of indigenous culture, it is imperative to continue the expression and relation of Native perspectives to the community of what is now known as Phoenix, or S-ki:kigk in the O’odham language.
What better way than public art to create and expand the dialogue in current times?
In return, by donating to this fund you get a beautiful mural you can look at anytime you want and know that you contributed to the improvement of this community’s health and growth.”